Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
12 March, 2014
LAZA KNITEZ!! is a fast-paced jousting deathmatch game for up to 4 players. Teleport to the neon-lit ALL CAPS technofuture and challenge your friends to mind-blowing hypercombat. Fire your laser-lance from a distance, get up close and personal to empale your foes and use 7 different power-ups to your tactical advantage.
The original LAZA KNITEZ!! prototype was born as a game design class final by the Glitchnap team during their first semester together at the IT University of Copenhagen. Built exclusively as a local multiplayer game, the team decided to build LAZA KNITEZ!! its own custom cocktail arcade cabinet using spare parts from IKEA and take it on tour. Over the next two years LAZA KNITEZ!! continued to gather attention from local game scenes in Scandinavia, picking up a couple of awards and nominations along the way. Having acquired a taste for the fast-paced, high-glamor indie life, the team decided to hedge their bets and formally establish Glitchnap as a company in spring of 2013. LAZA KNITEZ!! is their first launch title, and they're pretty excited to see how all this turns out.
- Simple, addictive core gameplay.
- Local multiplayer version for up to 4 people.
- Single player version against an endless swarm of AI's.
- 7 unique power-ups with different tactical advantages.
- Tweak the game settings to your specific preferences.
- Gorgeous pixel art plus mega-intense technofuture soundtrack.
- Support for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 controllers.
Release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nordic Indie Sensation - Winner." Nordic Game, Malmö 24 May 2012
- "Distortion Street Festival - Official Selection." Distortion, Copenhagen 1 June 2012
- "Best Artistic Achievement - Nominee." Spilprisen, Copenhagen 18 April 2013
- "eSports Showcase - Official Selection." IndieCade East, New York City March 2014
- "LAZA KNITEZ!! is like Samurai Gunn with runaway spaceships."
- Jason Johnson, Kill Screen
- "The OUYA’s newest must-play game LAZA KNITEZ!! gives you Joust mixed in with a shoot-em up and an overhead perspective. It may seem bizarre, but the combination works really well in practice."
- Jeremy Peeples, Hardcore Gamer
- "It’s simple enough to be picked up quickly and benefits from a bevy of amusing power-ups, like a supercharged laza steed that can’t stop dashing at near light speed. There’s also enough depth to the controls to suggest that with enough practice, you could become an ultimate all-caps LAZA KNITE. And that’ll be great until someone adds a laser beam to a ball and NEO CAROUSEL sweeps the space-nation."
- Matt Kodner, A.V. Club
- "It's the future, it makes sense. Trust me."
- Anthony Swinnich, Indiegames.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
LAZA KNITEZ!! .gif collection
Streetwise game journalists and reviewers all know their readers love gifs, so we went ahead and made some for you in advance. imgur.com.
LAZA KNITEZ!! – A Nordic Game Indie Night Retrospective!!
Tommy Rousse recaps the team's experience winning the 2012 Nordic Indie Sensation Award at the Copenhagen Game Collective blog. copenhagengamecollective.org.
Glitchnap is a Copenhagen-based band that makes games instead of records.
More information on Glitchnap, our logo & relevant media are available here.
LAZA KNITEZ!! Credits
Joon Van Hove
Mads Johansen Lassen
Sound FX, Glitchnap