Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
Ever wondered which of your friends could protect you with their eyes closed? Find out in Sentree - a cooperative, physical mobile game for 2 or more players about keeping a cool head and helping each other survive through the night in a dark, unfriendly forest. In Sentree, the Hero protects the tiny Antlers with her bulky flashlight that shoots light beams, which scares increasingly aggressive monsters back into hiding. However, the Hero (or shooter) is unable to see these monstrous apparitions, and must rely on the Antlers to point her in the right direction. The Antlers (or spotters), can see everything, but cannot defend themselves. In the real world, this means that the player with the role of the shooter is holding a smartphone and can fire, reload and aim, while the spotter or spotters are looking at a tablet device with a depiction of the game world. Sentree hinges entirely on communication between players. Mastering Sentree will require you to build or draw on trust relationships, and at the same time offers an engaging way to entertain people at a party.
Sentree is based on a student prototype named Zumbie. Zumbie introduced us to the idea of using inter-player communication as a core mechanic and using a mobile phone as a remote input device. With Sentree, Glitchnap is trying to highlight the things that made the prototype so much fun to play at events, while adding the layer of depth, narrative and aesthetics that the concept deserves.
- A new take on traditional blindfold folk games.
- Shouting and physical movement creates a spectacle that is as fun to watch as it is to play.
- Many players can participate.
- Simple and intuitive gameplay that can be learned by anyone in 10 seconds (shoot is tap, shake is reload).
- Find out which one of your friends is most likely to buckle under stress.
Teaser Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Sentree. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "IGF Nuovo Award Honorable Mention" San Francisco, 2016
- "IndieCade Festival 2015 Award Nominee" Culver City, 2015
- "A-MAZE Festival 2015 Award Nominee" Berlin, 2015
- "GDC15 Experimental Gameplay Workshop" San Francisco, 2015
- "EGX Rezzed: Leftfield Collection" London, 2015
- "Development Support: The Danish Film Institue" Copenhagen, 2013
- "Mozilla Game-on: "Grand Champion" and "Best in Multi-device" Winner" San Francisco, 2013 (as "Zumbie")
- "IMGA: Innovative Design Nominee" San Francisco, 2013 (as "Zumbie")
- "If you like the cooperative social dynamic of Spaceteam, you should definitely play Sentree!"
- Henry Smith, Sleeping Beast Games
- "Yelling at blind-folded friends - what else do I need to say?!"
- Adriaan De Jongh, Game Oven
- "This is the game that will bring blind folding and yelling out loud at friends into the mainstream."
- Dajana Dimovska, KnapNok Games
- "This game is really good! That's objectively true and not just my personal opinion."
- Nicklas "Nifflas" Nygren, Nifflas' Games
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Get ready to blindfold your friends in this neat local multiplayer game
"Smartphones and tablets have been great for games, but are much-maligned for the antisocial act of screen-staring. Luckily, games like Glitchnap's Sentree can help all your friends play together, with just a couple of devices." boingboing.net.
From Zumbies to Sentrees: Redefining a Game
"It started out as a classic zombie scenario, but now the game Zumbie from Glitchnap has become something completely different. What happened?" nordicgamebits.com.
Unique Shooter Game Sentree Revealed, Launching On iOS Next Year
"Sentree looks like one of the more innovative games ever developed for iOS devices, a game that will create a truly unique multiplayer experience." touchtapplay.com.
Glitchnap is a Copenhagen-based band that makes games instead of records.
More information on Glitchnap, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Joon Van Hove
Mads Johansen Lassen
Concept Artist, Freelance
3D Artist, Freelance
Sound Artist, Freelance